Monday, December 30, 2013

5th Post of the Year!???!!! What??

Yes this is only my 5th post of the entire year!! I blame Facebook, Twitter and Instagram on their immediate response, contact, communication gratification!  ;-)  I honestly enjoy blogging and am not sure why I don't more often. 

Its New Year's Eve Eve and I cannot believe that 2013 is about to come to a close.  We have enjoyed a wonderful holiday season from Thanksgiving, J's birthday, to Christmas.  My mom, stepdad, and nephew joined us for Thanksgiving and they returned at Christmas along with Brian's mom and stepdad.  J could not have loved Christmas any more than he did this year.  The true wonder of the season really grabbed him. He loved every Crwismas Twee he saw and was sure to declare such at every corner.  We went to the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine Christmas Eve morning and J was most interested in the choo-choo train, the water wheel and the fish.  Santa Claus was ignored along with the reindeer carousel!

J turned three just before Christmas and we celebrated this year with family time.  The day of his birthday we had a party at daycare with his friends and then dinner was at GattiLand where he learned to play Skee Ball with Daddy.  The next day we took him to the Dallas World Aquarium and he loved every moment.  The monkeys climb trees, Dory fish swim and we even found Nemo.  Dad of course loved the sharks and I just loved my son seeing a whole new world. 

We have a few days left during our Christmas Break before the spring semester starts up and I hope to complete a few projects around the house and encourage potty training.  We tried this morning to get J on board with the idea and he wanted nothing to do with it.  We have all the incentives in place and we are encouraging and being patient until J decides he is ready.  I know I am going to blink and this potty training thing will be nothing more than a blip on the radar of life.  My boy is growing up and he amazes me everyday. 

So here is to maybe a bit more writing in 2014, maybe I can at least blog once a month!
Happy New Year! May 2014 abound in God's blessings. 

Our Family Pictures from this year. Photographer Rachel Ledbetter

Fall Festival at Church

A Sunday afternoon at the park

J stealing my phone and taking a "Selfie". His favorite pastime

No comments:

Engagement Picture

Engagement Picture
Just wanted to add another pic to our blog and this is one I really like!!